Practices for Living, Dying, and Living Again
Okay, I'm Dead... Now What?
Based upon the timeless teachings of the Tibetan Book of the Dead, Okay, I’m Dead offers a comprehensive 30-part guide to the many stages of the death and dying process. Within this program you will find a series of discussions and guided meditations to help you consciously prepare for your own death, relate gracefully to all that will happen to you physically and mentally as you die, and recognize the astounding spiritual opportunities that will arise for you during this time. You will also learn valuable suggestions to help others better navigate the dying and post-death experiences, allowing you to assist your loved ones as they make this precious transition as smoothly and painlessly as possible.
Using a mobile device? You can stream this media by clicking the download links below!
Download Links:   Download (mp3)
Note: This 8-hour program is available for FREE for all Premium Members of Integral Life.
If you are already a member, simply log in to your premium account and return to this page, and you will find the link to enroll in the column to your right.
You can find step-by-step enrollment instructions below.
These aren’t just practices for dying. They are also practices for living. They are practices to help you awaken more fully, to live more consciously, and to love more completely. It just so happens that the qualities of an awakened life are the exact same qualities that will help ensure that your death will be as meaningful, painless, and free of regrets as it possibly can be.
Whether you are new to spiritual practice or a long-time seasoned practitioner, this program will help you live better, love better, and die better.
Okay, I’m Dead serves as a wonderful introductory crash-course to the spiritual life, and the foundational guided meditations included are all you need to begin and sustain your own daily practice. At the same time, there is no application or expression of your spiritual practice more important or more advanced than this. This is both "spiritual kindergarten" and "spiritual grad school", all in one incredible 30-part program.
Basically, this program is for everyone who has a heartbeat.
Because someday, you won't.
HOW TO ENROLL IN THIS PROGRAM
Premium Members of Integral Life are able to access this program for free.
If you are already a member:
1) Log in to your Premium account by clicking "Login" from the menu above.
2) Once you are logged in, you will see a link to enroll in the course in the right-side column of this page (look to the right of the media player above). You will be brought to a new page, and your coupon code will be automatically applied.
3) Click the "Enroll in this course for $0" button.
4) Create a new account on our Integral Life Courses platform, if you have not done so already. This is different from your Premium Membership. If you have already created an account while purchasing a previous course, click the "Login" button at the bottom of the signup page.
5) Once you have created your account (or once you have logged in, if you already have an account), click "My Courses" from the menu at the top of the page. There you will find all the courses you have enrolled in. Enjoy!
If you are not a member:
If you are not already a member of Integral Life, you have two choices: you can either purchase the program for $50, or you can sign up for an annual Premium Membership ($99) and receive the full program for free, in addition to full access to our membership content library.
- To sign up for a Premium Membership, simply click here. Once you have signed up, repeat steps 1-5 above.
- To purchase the program for $50, click here.
- Introduction to Preparing to Die by Andrew Holecek [+PREVIEW]
- Death, Rebirth, and Meditation by Ken Wilber [+PREVIEW]
Preparing to Die
- Overview: Life and Death, Virtue and Wisdom [+PREVIEW]
- Shamatha Meditation
- Vipashyana Meditation
- The Four Reminders
- Reverse Meditations
- Pure Land Practice, Preparation for Sudden Death
- The Noble Truths
- The Bardos and the Trikaya
- Shitro Practice, Vajrasattva Practice, and Working with Passion
- Insurance Practices
Practices for Living, Dying, and Living Again
- Practice: Shamatha and Vipashyana Meditation
- Practice: Non-Referential Mindfulness
- Practice: The Four Reminders
- Practice: Tonglen
- Practice: Reverse Meditations
- Practice: Phowa and Sudden Death
- Practice: Dream Yoga
How to Die
- Beyond the Flesh
- Outer Dissolution
- Inner Dissolution
- What Remains?
- What To Do For Others As They Die
- What to Do After You Die
- What to Do After Someone Else Dies
- Difficult Issues: Euthanasia, Suicide, Abortion, and the Four Laws of Karma
Image by Kelli Bickman
Andrew Holecek is an author, spiritual teacher, and humanitarian. As a long-time student of Buddhism, he frequently presents this tradition from a contemporary perspective – blending the ancient wisdom of the East with modern knowledge from the West. He is the author of The Power and the Pain: Transforming Spiritual Hardship into Joy, Preparing to Die: Practical Advice and Spiritual Wisdom from the Tibetan Buddhist Perspective, and the audio learning course, Dream Yoga: The Tibetan Path of Awakening Through Lucid Dreaming.
Ken Wilber is the founder of Integral Institute and the co-founder of Integral Life. He is an internationally acknowledged leader and the preeminent scholar of the Integral stage of human development. His many books, all of which are still in print, can be found at Amazon.com. Some of his more popular books include Integral Spirituality; No Boundary; Grace and Grit; Sex, Ecology, Spirituality; and the "everything" books: A Brief History of Everything (one of his largest selling books) and A Theory of Everything (probably the shortest introduction to his work).