Recent comments

• Big things are happening!   18 hours 56 min ago
    Lucy Summers

Sometimes "you need to make things better, uh, before you can make them better."

Jane: That is the truest thing I have heard in a long time! Keep bringing the word sister!

• Big things are happening!   1 day 9 hours ago
    Jane McGillivray

Oh, such gems here. Lucy, Max..... Thank you. I have had this vision too flicker on and off, but then I feel a little chagrined.

Sometimes "you need to make things better, uh, before you can make them better".

A genius sees the same thing that has been seen a million before.....differently.

I looked at those before and after pictures of New York City. Pre-trump, post-trump. It is likely these same 'before and after' pictures got Trump elected.... and actually, somewhere, I could feel this immediately upon seeing them. "make it beautiful" is a wonderful war cry, but to claim it one must have the balls to see that the green creed of "everything is beautiful" some times is a bit stupid and ridiculous and absurd.

"Basically, 'some things are not beautiful.' "

The sacred hallowed halls clang as our judeo-christian voodoo voice rings out. "Judge not for thou shalt be judged also.

"No seriously," some spunky spirit retorts, "Look at the behaviour that has gone on around here. Tolerated....... encouraged..... fuck.... what a bunch of conversations killers, some of us turned out to be."

"No kidding! I stopped a few of those conversations myself," I say, coming closer to my own truth.

"There are some conversation I just don't want to have. 'a stitch in time, saves nine' as the saying goes."

"Yes like the conversation about the Potomac River burning in Cleveland. That is a conversation you hope never happens. or the conversation about the terrible accident....., or the devastation of the ........, or the murder or the perversion."

"The best way to avoid a conversation is to tell a better story to yourself and your friends AT THE OUTSET. You are more likely to get to your 'destination', when you have some semblance of an idea of where you want to go."

"Blah, blah, stating the obvious.... etc."

• Big things are happening!   1 day 22 hours ago
    max miller

hi lucy

great piece ..i completely agree with your assessment of trump .

you americans are soo lucky to have such a great system to make a trump

even possible .

so ...from over here , "sinking into the swamp" europe ,

.....thumbs up and i look forward to that shining renewed america .....

and to jane

dont worry , there will be a new system ............:)

all the best to both of you

max

• Big things are happening!   2 days 12 min ago
    Lucy Summers

Jane: Can I make a couple of Integral-based observations about Trump?

First of all, you are going to be surprised in a good way.

Trump has a deep passion for quality and aesthetics. He sees America as a festering dumpster fire simply because no one has taken ownership of simple things that can be fixed WITHOUT making grandiose proclamations about the Grand Left Side Quadrants. For Trump, you can make things really awesome without posturing on and on about how you feel and how I feel and how we feel.

I have actually been to Trump's private facilities. The people who work for him love him (which tells you something) and at the same time, they know they had better step to it or he will find someone else who can.

What I love about this is that Trump understands - the President is not the Grand Shaper of Inner Feelings. He is not hung up about shaping the inner quadrant lives of 330 million people. He is about doing things that work.

Huge swaths of America are currently swampy little nowhere pits. People are not doing anything, they are just scamming and wiggling around day to day. Trump looks at a place like Chicago with outrageous murder rates and says, "THIS IS GOING TO STOP." He looks at corporations doing their making work overseas and their selling work in America and says, "THIS IS GOING TO STOP."

The political classes have almost no spine. They can't do the simplest good thing until they test the winds 3 times. Problem is - often the winds don't change until the thing is rolling. Trump could give a tweet about how you or I feel.

So, the quest is - is he a sociopath? No. He IS a New Yorker, and if you know anything about New York, it is, as the great Levon Helm once said, "An adult dose." Not for the feint of heart.

Other than that, he is going to champion the great Shadow of our time, and that is Healthy Amber Impulses. I fight for my team, you fight for your team, we then respect each other, and good things happen.

This fatuous Green platform (composed of lots of Green thoughts mouthed by people with purely Red and Amber self identities and feelings and values that they repress) has to be set adrift.

We are going to see new alliances, new initiatives, new energies. It will be OK. We have lots of excellent checks and balances.

Stop listening to the naysayer media. All of these people get paid to "signal virtue" to each other, and almost none of them actually do anything except dissect Left Quadrant perceptions. It gets too swampy and rank.

• Big things are happening!   2 days 11 hours ago
    Jane McGillivray

Maybe this is not a sacred place. Not sacred at all.

Maybe this is not a tomb of lovely writing, a book in itself, a small swirl in the gasping attempts of humanity to tell a cohesive story about ourselves and how we INTEGRATE our heart and mind and soul and story and soil and earth and community. ... Maybe it is just a heap, a heap of letters in long strings.

Who reads all this stuff anyways? Anybody?! Who are the lurkers that show up on the member page and never say anything? Are they coming here, or do they go off to the galleries of video head shots of Ken and Marc and so on.

Why did the membership dry up? And why is Donald Trump being inaugurated today AND this effort at digital community looks like it is dead in the water?

What are people missing here?

We become what we abhor. Like me, a vicious Harpie, with long claws. or maybe just a person, sitting at an old butternut desk, drinking a coffee at 6:24.....

My favourite character in a book is Leisl in a Robertson Davies Book The Maniticore.

She take David deep down into the caves of the bear clan in the Alps......

I am going to find the passage.

• Big things are happening!   2 days 11 hours ago
    Jane McGillivray

Yes, ha, ha. It helps a lot. "We have bombed and buried the museums in Mosul but don't worry my children, out of this bombed rubble, I will construct a new library of disjointed thoughts.....and so forth".

But I am going to have a dumpster dive in this place over the next month, so please prolong this capacity as long as possible. Some of the comments here that I and others have written have been very awesome bits of writing to me. I love my fellow writers here, of which, obviously Mr. de Vos, though I love you too, YOU are NOT one, and you never have been, and you appear to look at this venue like I look at my stack of vinyl in the back room washstand.

Anyway, I love Evie. Move to Canada and you can have my liver too if you want it. we have health care and food and love..... and people have real lives and the texture is deep everywhere.

This is a sacred place Corey. Bow down.
    love Jane

• Big things are happening!   3 days 13 hours ago
    Corey deVos

Hi Jane,

I should have been more clear. We will have new community features on the new site, something much more modern and customizable and engaging. It won't be there right away for launch, but will come online soon thereafter. We just can't import this forum into the new site because of technological conflicts/limitations. Hope that helps!

• Big things are happening!   5 days 17 hours ago
    Bill Kilburg

Hi Jane. Yes I see the forum is going down. Learned much from so many going back to the Integral Naked forum. I always valued your shares and friendship via the internet. Your a wise person. Thanks for the contributions you have made to so many .

• Big things are happening!   6 days 10 hours ago
    Jane McGillivray

It is monday morning....
    the Integral Forum is going down,

my ancient younger brother defends his "100 year old dead in the water surely by now" doctor of laws dissertation on intellectual property and drug patent law. I have no investment in his success, other than general polite well wishes. It is a cautionary tale how a person can fritter away a huge central chunk of their life for some accolade or an other. He just sat in a room for years. We don't know what he was actually doing there. He was mean and grouchy in pretty much all interactions with me. I have not said more than a sentence to him for a couple of years.

"Big Whoop", I want to say with some poised look and tone of Irony to him. "You turned into a friggin' irritable jerk while you fomented for your fifth degree. You are cut loose into my hinterland of disagreeable people I could not care less to be around," I say in an imaginary conversation I run with him in my head.

"It is a cautionary tale, baby. A cautionary tale," I imagine continuing....

Donald Trump is ironically also making his way to the POTUS this week. Ha, you guys down there! I feel for ya a bit. Remember when it was Rob Ford this and Rob Ford that. But he was only mayor of Toronto, and he gave his people a good barbecue every year and tried to answer the little people calls.... he was a little people, himself, and the little people could smell that.

"You know you are from the same litter if you smell the same." yuck, families can be like that...... or used to be able to be like that anyway. Now with Axel, Brute, Anais Anais, and endless scrubbing with various soaps and so forth, I suppose we can finally smell like anything we want.

Smell..... we are again moving lower into the reflexes of the mid brain......this is a dastardly vortex of hormonal control situated low in the back of your head, behind your nose, indeed, connected to your nose, wired up with the Olfactory Wire. This wire pokes its tentacles down through the cribriform plate and mops up the ambient floating molecules in the air, with information about what is going on. (OOOToTouchAGirl'sVaginaAndHymen. anatomy lessons)

"Someone fryin' chicken..."
    "oh, who knew they smoke pot....."
    "Wow curry for Sunday afternoon.... out in the Backroom. Even Dad came, we drank IPA, he is on a vegan diet now that he is 87. Maybe he will take up smoking."
    "a little incense, a little sage."

Ambo's snippets. Snippets. Ha, we weave the world with these snippets. We weave the integration of our life into Reality. Strands of the past brokenness held beside the promise of some future holism. The Metaphysics of Adjacency, and the 'movement' we conjure in a 'moment': angulating, triangulating, multiangulating....basically leaning. Leaning. Leaning with some flicker of conscious intension, into the future. The law of attraction. "We want what we wants. So we gets what we gets."

My sense is that 'the arse is out of 'er' concerning our particular Integral Boat, or at least the one I have often clung onto in my imaginary maelstrom. I feel safe without it too, now.

My life is whittled down to dog walking Rosie, considering the dimensions of dementia care and enacting best practices with my failing mother, making food, stretching, yearning for my homestead on the edge of the beaten path... and imagining that somehow it is all 'sacred work'.

The Great Work, the grand display of our continued story of evolving conscious cosmos, continues to both shine light of on the dastardly and the decrepit, all the while admonishing me to clear my ill thoughts, and lean Lean LEAN into goodness, truth and beauty, not as some 'principle theory', but as the unfolding minutiae of my mundane and trivial and tiny trifle of an appearance. It is laughable now.

I never met Robert Anton Wilson, but I watched him, smoking and laughing. "None of this matters," he wheezed and laughed.

"And the road curled up like smoke above his shoulder. And you said this place or somewhere later."

• Big things are happening!   1 week 10 hours ago
    Jane McGillivray

Coming together in and with a particular awareness, a vortex begins.
    Spinning it dances towards you. It warbles at your presence until, siphoned and sifted and pruned and filtered through all the lenses including my own,

I sit in the middle of you, far away. Omniscience, something like that.

A naked woman begins to spin cloth.

Cloth

is another name for truth——some truer truth than the one I claim as mine alone. i share this cloth with you, and everyone else.

This cloth is at times fine fairy gossamer. At other times no-name brand Toilet Paper. This cloth polishes to Sunshine. Mirror to mud. Flowers to mirror to mud to flowers and birds and mirror to mud.

Oh, where oh where to start. Who am I, you ask?

I am A smear of yesterdays and a dream of tomorrows.

I am a storyteller who is exploding with stories.

WE find ourselves on the road into death and mutual recovery.

• We've Just Elected a Wartime President   1 week 2 days ago
    Jack kevin

A few figures looked to abuse the disintegration of confidence in Depression-time majority rules system. Most outstanding was Huey Long, who as I Need an Essay legislative leader of Louisiana constructed a security with the discouraged by assaulting corporate interests and spending huge on framework

• Big things are happening!   1 week 2 days ago
    Jane McGillivray

Wow, "our community forum will NOT be migrated to the new site".
    Leaving the dead horse in the old barn on the farm you are deserting, er wha'?

Community is the challenge we have in the world. 'Being with each other'. Deep Listening, deep responding. Re-sounding, and polishing, elaborating, and returning the energy wave.

When I first came here, I was looking for other people to talk to who were not too stupid and had read some good books by intelligent people. I wanted to talk about arising relationships, particularly personal relationships. I wanted to develop my communication skill, and languaging abilities so that I could clearly communicate with you, and all the others. All the others.

"All the others....." I feel myself drifting off into a revery. "All those people who passed through this community forum...." I don't miss them all that much, or think of them, but when I do I am very grateful for the experience of knowing them.

Surprisingly though, it is interesting the other people who have been here that I don't know. You for one, or Ken Wilber, or any person involved in the running of the integral 'community' Barn.

Or do I know you?! Is it you who doesn't know me? Or what is it, the lack of acknowledgement, perhaps?! The lack of appreciation. The blindness of the gifts that have been laid here in the barn that you are burning. Some of those gifts were from me, but many have been from others.

"What gifts?" I can imagine you asking while thinking, "I have done all the giving."

What gifts?

Words, strung together, offered as a story, as a weave, as a patch of coherence that can extend into the molecular substance of this 'integral world'.

Isn't that what brought us here, the magical carpet of words the Ken wove at some young and punkish age... of how the pattern worked in an 'integrated' and personal way. He might have painted the word picture that many of us easily recognized, but he did not make the pattern himself..... The Pattern, the patch, the hologram in one dimension, was and is a story of personal reflection.

Strangely born, we birth each other
    Strangely torn we teach each other
    What we know of one another
    Is the only thing to know.

It is all about relationship and the goddess is growing tired of the fare.

Freshen it up,

Stop bombing the barn.

There are treasures like those smashed recently in ancient cities.

• Big things are happening!   2 weeks 3 days ago
    Isaac Holze

Good luck Corey and team as you make the transition. Fantastic work always.

• Big things are happening!   2 weeks 3 days ago
    Corey deVos

Also note that the new site will not have community functions enabled for launch, but we plan on bringing them online very soon thereafter.

• The Trump Era: Day 1   4 weeks 2 days ago
    Giorgio Piacenza

Just as there is a growing pluralist demographic considered inimical to ultra conservative ideals, this doesn't as of yet assure that there can't be a backlash...a regression in political style to a pre-modern feeling about self and life. The election of ultra right wing extremists is also increasing in many parts of the world. Openness to pluralism is diminishing as a practical result of elections or such a thing is in danger of occurring in many countries. Poland, France and other countries are experiencing this. The migration factor usually plays a role in these countries where pre pluralist peoples feel threatened and displaced. And the situation is not eased by the rise of extreme islamists who have been ideologically emboldened to express their pre-modern, absolutist dislikes for modern values in a more aggressive way. Thus, an increase in nativist populism has been happening in many places around the world as if there had been a loss of faith in the values of modernity. And moving automatically into Green and into Integral is not guaranteed just as evolution is not 100% guaranteed. It must be earned as a constant effort.

Speaking clearly and also non-threateningly to pre Green and pre Integral is key to the continuation of progression instead of regression.

There just aren't sufficient individuals in Second Tier or even in Green stage living to ensure the democratic election of a Hillary Clinton over a Donald Trump specially in an age of image creation and info-entertainment and (in spite of the popular vote win) just enough of individuals who are pre modern in terms of their interior feelings about themselves, their values and life lost faith in the Democratic discourse and found the right wing nativist-populist discourse more promising and attractive than the traditional centrist, politically-correct, left-wing democratic discourse that in recent years also veered to the right due to corporate influence. If Obama hadn't used the services of the same individuals that gave the large banks a free ride before 2008 and had acted more according to older democratic party ideals, the progressive voice would have been clearer, more well-defined and stronger.

Clearly defined liberals and progressives need to become more politically assertive, mutually supportive and less indifferent or indolent and unite behind centrists even if their first choice would have been someone like Sanders. They can win the minds and faith not only of moderns but also of pre-moderns and pre-moderns need to be appreciated as per their positive contributions so as not to fall prey of pseudo representatives that will continue providing - to their detriment - tax breaks for the top 1%. One of the many dangers Trump poses is that he may also embolden the most intolerant among an otherwise "in line" social class, normally behaving within modern system parameters. For them to continue following more reasonable leaders, Hillary and the Democrats' message should have been clearer and well-defined. It should have been a tad less politically correct but more understandable, embracing of the frustrated, non-educated working class and the message should have been more outspoken and in plain language!

• We've Just Elected a Wartime President   4 weeks 2 days ago
    Giorgio Piacenza

• 1st chapter of end of faith   4 weeks 3 days ago
    aloedrink

I do not quite understand what you said, I would like to share my hobbies, I am keen to do food, recently fell in love with the diet on the aloe, what good advice? more:okyalo.com/blog/2016/11/aloe-vera-water/

• On the Disturbing Presence of Edward Scissortongue in the Forum   5 weeks 3 days ago
    windy48

Hey guys,maybe you should try something cool and interesting here.
    I would like to share my blog here with you,maybe you will find something you need and like.

• The Trump Era: Day 1   5 weeks 6 days ago
    jwk007@att.net

• Being vs. Knowing: Ending the Debate Between Epistemology and Ontology   6 weeks 21 hours ago
    ZenDan

That was great! So informative - mind and heart expanding! Thank you, Ken! I recognize this was recorded over a year ago from my viewing it and then writing this, that said, so glad your feeling better and cranking out a half a dozen or so awesome books that are on the conveyer belt! Nice!!

Be well, thank you!!
    -Dan

• Nietzsche exploring, facing, struggling, and pointing out   7 weeks 1 day ago
    WM

really? this post (mw's that is.- not the one above that) sucks "and then some" imho. copy cat/+also(dumb and numb) trying to people please with language disorder

some parts of it ok..but omfg re horrible case of "language copy-cat disorder" (thats the term ill use)

notes to self.. Never..and i mean Neverr use so many capitals in a post on integral life
    always just say "so" not SOOOO
    "MORE fullness" also hurts
    "BEAUTIFUL" hurts like hell "pray to tell"
    kw quote is a good point and a half..but others read too
    TRY to avoid use of "paradoxically" unless Really skillful/intelligent about it (tired and a half and "sickened" as well , basically speaking, right now)
    remember others read posts too- and other stuff as well (including-re the posts- people potentially looking you up on the internet later on in life)
    Realllly embarrassing if you look at it later
    though i read it again..at a slower and less reactive "pace" and all of the above points didn't hurt so bad
    second note
    compassion (another word i can react to if i try to copy cat vs. find it out)(its used or i have heard ti used too frequently vs "attuned with" or whatever (language in general can really bother me if not feeling it for real

p.s. "poignancy" also hurt like hell- didn't hurt on slower read- but now sticks out again and hurts like hell (copy cat language copying syndrome writ large)

• Erotic With a Kapitol IV   8 weeks 1 day ago
    mcenter

TMI!!!!! Just let me say if you need a master I'm too busy looking at porn ;). I'm actually in the market ninja so I am going to pick up one of your badass cases for myself and my iPhone 7 plus 128 GB in jet black, ninja. Maybe I'll put Rose on my phone plan for X-Mas that way I can cut her off when I need to...lol. Can we expect an Erotic tomorrow? An improved site? An improved Ryan? Destiny awaits

• Introduction to the Fourth Turning   8 weeks 2 days ago
    Eric Best

Hi Layman (if you're still there). Over two years late, I just discovered your reply!
    Albert, as probably know, has since died. I think for me, the most important contribution to Integral thought is that he proposes an 'engine' for evolution - Ambiguity (see, for example, 'Creating Consciousness'.) This, to me, is more satisfying than Eros, because it seems less 'metaphysical'. Agape and Eros could be seen as expressions of ambiguity.
    Cheers,
    Eric.

• hafiz hamed abdel samad in english ,...finally   8 weeks 3 days ago
    windy48

I just want to say congratulations.
    We need to be different and sole.
    all the things outside are just up to your minds.
    Here I would like to share something cool and new with you.
    Maybe here are some belong to you.

• Post Integral theory and devotional science   8 weeks 3 days ago
    windy48

Hey,
    All in all,you know what,it is a good thing.
    We just need to be what we are,and many other things are up to yourself.
    I just have something interesting share with you.
    maybe you will need and like.